Twenty-four counties in Iowa are proclaimed disaster areas from the ongoing drought.View Alert

Military Records

How to request and receive a copy of military records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Tama County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. Please send a photocopy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Certified Copy of Military Records Application

Additional resources

Veterans Affairs Director
Elizabeth Ledvina
Veterans Affairs Office
219 W. High St.
Toledo, IA 52342
Phone: 641-484-3160

Stay Connected

Sign up to receive notifications when board meetings and agendas are posted, job openings are announced, and more.

Customize Your Notifications
Tama County logo (white) Contact Us Department Hours Holidays