Federal Assistance

Please contact the Tama County Veterans Affairs office for assistance in applying for federal VA benefits.

Federal Assistance Eligibility

Eligibility for federal assistance requires one of the following:

  • Be a wartime veteran with an honorable discharge (DD-214) with the following dates of service:
    • Indian War 1/1/1817-12/21/1898
    • Spanish American 4/21/1898 - 7/4/1902
    • WWI 4/6/1917 - 11/11/1918
    • WWII 12/7/1941 - 12/31/1946
    • Korea 6/27/1950 - 1/31/1955
    • Vietnam 8/5/1964 - 5/4/1975
    • Persian Gulf 8/2/1990 - No End Date Set
  • Be a widow or a minor child of a wartime veteran honorably discharged between the prior list of dates.
  • Be a widow or minor child of a wartime veteran honorably discharged
  • Former members of the Reserve Forces or Iowa National Guard who served at least 20 years or active service at least 90 days.

Stay Connected

Sign up to receive notifications when board meetings and agendas are posted, job openings are announced, and more.

Customize Your Notifications
Tama County logo (white) Contact Us Department Hours Holidays